The 2nd Shift Receiving Warehouse Supervisor works with the receiving warehouse manager to plan, organize and monitors the receiving, storage, inventory, and distribution of all items (primarily raw materials, labels, and packaging inventory) received from suppliers or production, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so items are located and distributed to proper departments in a safe, effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements. This position supports the receiving warehouse manager in the oversight of the receiving, storage, inventory, and distribution of approximately 1,000 items and helps supervise a staff of approximately 2-3 at a primary 90,000sqf warehouse. 3:00pm-11:30pm with a half hour unpaid lunch.
Reports directly to the Receiving Warehouse Manager
- Assist and support the receiving warehouse manager in the following:
- Manage receiving warehouse in compliance with company policies to ensure that GMP’s are being followed.
- Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the warehouse and receiving mission in an effective and efficient manner.
- Verify that inventory is 100% accurate and consistently show 100% accuracy with daily and weekly random counts
- Plans and coordinates work (based on the receiving schedule, manufacturing plants’ needs and other departments’ needs), trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of warehouse and receiving associates, ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations, counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary. Develops a floor supervisor to effectively oversee the daily routines of the workers.
- Maintain secure environment for workers and products.
- Follow emergency procedures when necessary and notify HR of any work related injuries as soon as possible.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations including rotation of inventories and FIFO procedures
- Cross train and assign workers to different positions as needed.
- Maintain documentation for all warehouse procedures
- Maintain all equipment in working order as well as documentation of inspections, deficiencies and maintenance.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Coordinate with Plant Manager to ensure timely delivery of materials required for optimal production efficiencies.
- Strive for continuous improvement and participate in developing solutions to drive overall operational effectiveness including increase throughput, reduce movement/motion, waiting & transportation
- Is responsible to scheduling intercompany trucking as needed.
- Any other duties as they are needed and assigned.
- At least 3 years prior warehouse experience
- Prior dietary supplement, food, OTC, or pharmaceutical experience preferred. Performance
- Attendance and punctuality are a must as the receiving warehouse is vital to the rest of the company.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to motivate the personnel and be able to lead by example
- Good documentation and communication skills, organized, attention to details, self-starter and team worker.
- Basic competencies for the job are; leadership, technical capacity, learning and training, performance management, communication proficiency, teamwork, ethical conduct, financial management, collaboration.
- A large part of this job is spent working in the warehouse which includes being on your feet, lifting up to 50lbs, and driving a forklift once you receive certification.
- A large part of this job is spent working in an office which includes utilizing Microsoft outlook, excel and word and maintaining detailed, accurate, up to date files.