The maintenance mechanic position involves set up, adjusting, configuring, maintaining and repairing processing equipment in various production rooms in according with production requirements and scheduling. Regular communication with production staff is required as well as the accurate completion of required paperwork. General mechanical ability as well as basic electrical knowledge, fabrication skills and ability to mig weld is required.
- Receiving daily work schedule from Maintenance Supervisor
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Standard Operation Procedure’s (SOP’s) followed.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on small motors, pneumatics, conveyor systems, electronics and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and specifications.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments to troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Removes, repairs or replaces defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand and power tools.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Notify your Supervisor of any work related injuries as soon as possible.
As well as the following:
- Following daily work priorities.
- Working to continuously increase efficiency and output of the production rooms
- Assist in training your new employees when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives: This position description is intended to guide the activities of the person in this position and is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person as to the work of this function nor is it intended that this describes all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- At least 2 years prior experience in a maintenance or mechanic role in a manufacturing environment. Preferably food, supplement or pharma.
- Ability to read and write in English, analyze and interpret common information, reports and other documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries.
- Must be able to work third shift, 10:30 pm – 7:00 am Monday – Friday. Extended hours and Saturday work as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access material. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. May be required to push or pull with a pallet jack up to 500 lbs.
If you wish to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.