2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanics Supervisor
Reports directly to the Director of Engineering, Facilities, and Maintenance
The Maintenance Mechanics Supervisor runs a team of mechanics for their shift in the processing of various powders, tablets, and capsules for a dietary supplements company. Maintaining the production and quality of output is paramount. Mechanic duties involve set up, adjusting, configuring, maintaining, and repairing processing equipment in various production rooms in according with production requirements and scheduling. Regular communication with production staff is required, as well as the accurate completion of required paperwork. General mechanical ability, as well as basic electrical knowledge, fabrication skills, and the ability to MIG weld is required. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managerial excellence, as well as significant and persistent hands-on knowledge.
- Creates daily work schedules for their team of Maintenance Mechanics
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on small motors, pneumatics, conveyor systems, electronics, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and specifications
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Standard Operation Procedure’s (SOP’s)
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments to troubleshoot malfunctions
- Removes, repairs, or replaces defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand, and power tools
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Notify your manager of any work related injuries as soon as possible
- Following daily work priorities
- Working to continuously increase efficiency and output of the production rooms
- Assist in training new employees, when needed
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned
- 2+ years prior experience in a managerial capacity
- 5+ years prior experience in a maintenance or mechanic role in a manufacturing environment. Preferably food, supplements, or pharmaceuticals
- Ability to read and write in English, as well as to analyze and interpret common information, reports, and other documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries
- Must be able to work second shift, 2:30pm – 11:30pm Monday – Friday, with extended hours and Saturday work, as needed
- Equipment Maintenance, Familiarity with Electronics, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, and Productivity. Must work well independently and be willing to take initiative. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach, and turn to access material. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. May be required to push or pull with a pallet jack up to 500 lbs.
- Attendance and punctuality are a must as ongoing production scheduling is vital to the rest of the company
- Must have a positive attitude in order to motivate the personnel and be able to lead by example
- Good documentation and communication skills, organized, high attention to detail, self-starter, and team worker
- Flexibility to change work schedule as required to properly train and evaluate staff and to ensure the company’s goals are met
- Ability to find, recruit, and develop outstanding talent to meet the company’s needsIf you wish to apply, please visit https://www.ultimatenutrition.com/job-postings/