Guilt-Free Deviled-Football Eggs
1/3 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 tsp. yellow mustard
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Place the eggs in pot (water should cover eggs by 1/2 inch), and boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the hot water from the pot, and place boiled eggs in a strainer. Place strainer in a large bowl of cold water until eggs are cooled (may have to replace water on additional time).
- Peel the shell from the eggs. Cut the eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks from the egg whites. Discard one of the egg yolks (2 halves). Add the remaining 5 egg yolks to a small bowl. Mash the yolks with the back of a fork until there are no large lumps. Add the Greek yogurt, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Helpful but not mandatory tip: Transfer the filling to a small plastic food storage bag. Snip one of the corners off the bag. Squeeze the filling through hole into the egg whites. Or, you may also spoon the filling into the egg whites.
- Add thinly sliced green onion to each egg half to complete your guilt-free football eggs, perfect for game-time.